Tuesday 14 October 2014

Migrants large and small

I'm aware it's been yonks since I posted anything on here. Far too much adventuring and not enough time on my beloved patch. Still, I intend to put things right during what remains of the autumn.

Today saw a nice 'fall' of Whooper Swans on Cotehill Loch. They seemed to come and go throughout the day, but numbered 54 when I counted them at lunchtime. A magic sound as they burbled away to themselves on the loch.

Whoop-whoop-whoop...

At the other end of the size spectrum are the continuing trickle of passerine migrants. This Blackcap has spent two days in our garden scoffing apples, while today also saw ones and twos of Goldcrest, Chiffchaff, Redwing and Song Thrush in the area. The wind remains in the east, and hopes remain high of some more interest before the week's out.

Just look at yourself, you've got that all over your face, y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment